The Receptionist/Medical Clerk is primarily responsible for front desk operations, administrative support and client reception.
- Routes clients/patients to the appropriate areas within the agency.
- Answers phones, checks and returns voice messages in a timely basis.
- Assists with front desk duties as required (i.e. telephone appointment scheduling and/or patient reminder calls).
- Updates patient’s demographic in agency’s data systems (Intergy, Casewatch, Provide – as appropriate).
- Photocopies patient’s health records based on 3rd party request and prepares invoice.
- Ensures patient documentation is fully completed and recorded in agency’s database (i.e. Intergy).
- Ensures documentation for new patients are collected and recorded in patient’s electronic health records (EHR).
- Verifies patient insurance carrier/coverage prior to visit to ensure accurate billing.
- Responds to all correspondences and tasks (via letter, email, faxes) in a timely manner
- Maintains monthly patient insurance carrier in binder.
- Records and maintains patient’s health records in agency’s database (i.e. Intergy, Provide) and other datasystem and/or patient’s records as required.
- Ensures external 3rd party documentation (i.e. labs, consultations reports etc) is collected and entered in the patient’s electronic health records (EHR).
- Assists in ensuring that the medical office (front desk and waiting area) is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Informs patients of eligibility status (RW expiration and insurance termination) prior to physician visit via telephone.
- Researches insurance plan coverage and documents covered services in patient health records (both paper and electronic records).
- Review explanation of benefit (EOB) for denials or pending claims.
- Assist supervisor in following up on denials and/or pending claims with 3rd party payors.
- Prepares invoices for payments of medical records requests.
- Addresses and problem-solve patient billing issues when presented.
- Ensures online trainings are current as required (Netsmart and other trainings).
- Ensures that medical operations fully comply with agency and HIPAA requirements.
- Participates in agency developmental activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma required. Education in medical reception and medical administrative duties highly recommended. At least two years of work experience in medical settings specifically front desk operations are required. Medical billing experience preferred. HIV/AIDS trainings preferred. Bilingual (English-Spanish) is preferred. Computer knowledge should include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Excellent problem solving, communication, organizational and teamwork skills are required. Ability to work with multicultural and diverse population is required.
SALARY: $9.00-$12.50 Hourly
LOCATION: 3510 Biscayne Boulevard, FL 33137
Apply for this Career
If you would like us to consider your resume, please fill out the following PDF form:
Care Resource Employment Application Form. You may email it to us using the built in submission feature or fax it to 305-571-2020.
If you do not have Adobe Reader you may download it for free here.