Front Desk and Administrative Duties:
- Routes clients to the appropriate areas within the agency for services.
- Ensures patients are properly checked-in patients for clinical visit via Intergy.
- Ensures patients are properly discharged (checked out) after every clinical visit (including via Intergy).
- Schedules patients’ appointments (via telephone and/or in-person) and record in scheduler.
- Updates patient’s demographic in agency’s datasystems (Intergy/CaseWatch/Quest/Provide – as appropriate)
- Collects and records co-payments, deductibles and other fees for services (i.e. medical records) in the form of cash, credit cards and checks.
- Closes out credit card machine and retrieve settlement receipt at the end of the workday then submits to Supervisor
- Assists patient in completion of medical intake documentation and records in agency system (i.e. Intergy, Provide).
- Ensures patient documentation is fully completed and recorded via Intergy
- Ensures documentation for new patients are collected and recorded in patient’s electronic health records (EHR).
- Researches insurance plan coverage and documents covered services in patient’s records.
- Provides appropriate patients’ referrals and authorizations.
- Records and maintains patient’s health records in agency’s database (i.e. Intergy, Provide, Quest and other datasystem and/or patient’s records as required.
- Ensures that external 3rd party documentation (i.e. labs, consultations, reports) is collected and entered and scanned in the patient’s electronic health records (EHR).
- Photocopies patient’s health records based on 3rd party request and prepares invoice
- Opens daily journals for the collection of payments.
- Records service deliveries in agency data systems (i.e. Provide – as appropriate)
- Verifies patient insurance carrier prior to visit to ensure accurate billing
- Places reminder calls to patients prior to his/her scheduled appointment at least 24hrs. in advance
- Places orders for authorized and physician-requested medical supplies from approved vendors as required
- Answers phones, checks and returns voice mail messages in a timely basis.
- Responds to all correspondences and tasks (via letter, email, faxes) in a timely manner.
- Assess and documents patient’s chief complaint (purpose of visit) prior to every physician consult (i.e. review of symptoms, updates medication list, updates allergies, and reviews upcoming health management needs as per the guidelines set up in Intergy).
- Assesses patient’s primary complaint (purpose of visit) prior to physician consult.
- Takes and records patient’s vital signs and weight at every visit; with the exception of visits for venipuncture(s) only.
- Administers vaccines as instructed by the physician and records in patient’s electronic health records.
- Ensures proper posting of charges based on services rendered in patient’s electronic health records.
- Assists the physician with all medical procedures, as requested (i.e. pap smears, colposcopies, ear irrigation, suture removal).
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens for transport.
- Assure surgical and diagnostic referrals/ authorizations from insurance carriers as required by 3rd party providers
- Utilizes 3rd party lab vendor provided computer systems to route lab specimens to appropriate vendor for analysis.
- Assists physician with medical care in the mobile unit at various locations as required.
- Performs electrocardiogram (EKGs) as per physician’s request.
- Logs medications received through the patient assistance program (PAP) and distributes to patients.
- Sets up and stocks exam rooms as required.
- Documents reported medications in Intergy and sends tasks to providers for refills.
- Calls in prescriptions (including refills) to different pharmacies as authorized by the physician.
- Writes or call-in prescriptions (including refills) to different pharmacies as authorized by the physician.
- Conducts medications and all other clinical inventory
- Maintains cleanliness of rooms and equipment following patient examinations and/or procedures.
- Ensures that medical operations fully comply with Agency and HIPAA requirements.
- Reviews patient’s records on a monthly basis for quality assurance compliance.
- Promotes agency’s ancillary services (i.e. Nutrition, Dental, Psychosocial, Speciality Care) when clinically indicated and appropriate
- Ensures that on-line trainings are current as required (Netsmart and other trainings).
- Assists supervisor in the training of new staff (peers).
- Participates in agency developmental activities as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains agency guidelines relating to safety, outreach and confidentiality.
- Ensures proper hand washing according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
- Documents patient’s medications correctly, Makes sure each patient knows which medicines to take when they are at home and encourages each patient to bring their up-to-date list of medicines every time they visit the doctor.
- Ensures each new client receives screening for their risk for suicide.
- Understands and appropriately acts upon assigned role in Emergency Code System.
- Understands and performs assigned role in Agency Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
Apply for this Career
If you would like us to consider your resume, please fill out the following PDF form:
Care Resource Employment Application Form. You may email it to us using the built in submission feature or fax it to 305-571-2020.
If you do not have Adobe Reader you may download it for free here.