The Dentist is responsible for providing clinical expertise regarding the Dental Care needs of Care Resource patients.
- Records, prepares and maintains patients chart information into Dentrix, and other datasystem and/or patient’s records as required.
- Ensures patient documentation is fully completed.
- Ensures procedural codes are recorded accurately and authorized in the patient’s record (i.e. hard copy, electronic-Dentrix) to allow proper invoice processing and data management.
- Assists in the development of relevant policies and procedures as it relates to the dental program and ensures compliance.
- Assists in the development, writing and submission of grants (when necessary).
- Provides direct patient care, including regular examination, evaluations, assessments, diagnosis, treatment and oral hygienic instruction for Care Resource’s patient population, including HIV/AIDS patients.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions.
- Records chief complaint(s), dental and medical history, pertinent observations and treatment plan in agency datasystem.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of dental technical and support staff as required.
- Provides clinical and educational supervision of dental students/dental residents as required and in accordance to agency’s agreements with educational institutions.
- Provides clinical supervision to dental staff (i.e. dental hygienist, dental care assistants) and dental students/residents as required.
Quality Assurance/Compliance Duties:
- Ensures dental operations fully comply with agency, funders and HIPAA requirements.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Participates in the design and input of educational and program advertising materials.
- Participates in quality assurance activities for compliance.
- Ensures on-line trainings are current as required (Netsmart and other trainings).
- Generates lectures on HIV and other dental health topics as required.
- Participates in community and agency-wide meetings as required.
- Participates in health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as required.
- Participates in agency developmental activities as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains agency guidelines relating to safety, outreach and confidentiality.
- Ensures proper hand washing according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
- Documents patient’s medications correctly.
- Makes sure each patient knows which medicines to take when they are at home and encourages each patient to bring their up-to-date list of medicines every time they visit the doctor.
- Ensures each new client receives screening for their risk for suicide. Understands and appropriately acts upon assigned role in Emergency Code System.
- Understands and performs assigned role in Agency Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
DDM or DDS degree is required. At least three years of related work experience is required. Experience in clinical work with HIV-infected persons and direct experience working on medically complex patients is required. Specific experience in the oversight of dental students and or dental residents is highly preferred. Florida State License is required. Bilingual (English-Spanish) is preferred. Computer knowledge should include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and teamwork skills are required to provide adequate treatment to patients, make referrals to appropriate specialists for diagnostic purposes and prioritize patient care issues and standards of care. Ability to work with multicultural and diverse population is required. The responsibility for internal and external contacts is frequent and important.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Miami-Dade / Broward Counties
Apply for this Career
If you would like us to consider your resume, please fill out the following PDF form:
Care Resource Employment Application Form. You may email it to us using the built in submission feature or fax it to 305-571-2020.
If you do not have Adobe Reader you may download it for free here.