Outreach and Linkage
- Conducts HIV prevention-themed chats on social networking sites (such as facebook, twitter etc.) that the target population uses.
- Assists Health Promotion and Testing Counselors with outreach at regular HIV testing sites and special community and agency testing events.
- Responsible for consistent condom distribution to pre-assigned locations and community events as assigned.
- Maintains constant contact with Linkage Case Manager to ensure that clients living with HIV/AIDS are linked to services referred to.
- Assists Linkage Case Manager with phone calls, letters, home visits, text messages to clients participating in the ARTAS program.
Health Education and Promotion
- Promotes the importance of outreach, linkage and retention activities within this comprehensive HIV program.
- Identifies target population in selected areas for program participation.
- Takes part in community activities designed to allow target population to access prevention information.
- Assists in selection of venues where outreach could take place.
- Participates in presentations to venues and events frequented by target population.
- Assists with pre and post test counseling for HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and health screenings as required.
- Complies with all testing and screenings protocols as required.
Documentation, Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Maintains Timely, Accurate, Legible and Clear chart documentation according to agency requirements.
- Maintains logs for all face to face outreach, HIV prevention-themed chats, and condom distributions.
- Complies with all data entry and forms submission requirements.
- Provides a monthly progress report on project deliverables (face to face and internet outreach, condoms distributed, referral follow ups)
- Assists Health Promotion and Testing Counselors with mobile unit procedures as needed.
- Attends all required trainings and meetings as assigned.
- Learns information about HIV/STI Counseling and Testing, Personalized Cognitive Counseling, Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services with CLEAR. Anti-Retroviral Treatment and Access to Services (ARTAS).
Participates in agency develpmental activities as requested, other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $10.50 – $13.00 Hourly
LOCATION: Miami-Dade & Broward Locations
Apply for this Career
If you would like us to consider your resume, please fill out the following PDF form:
Care Resource Employment Application Form. You may email it to us using the built in submission feature or fax it to 305-571-2020.
If you do not have Adobe Reader you may download it for free here.