At Care Resource, nutritional services are provided by a State licensed Registered Dietitian with particular expertise on the nutritional needs of individuals with HIV.
Nutritional services provided at Care Resource include a complete nutritional assessment with interventions provided at the counseling session. Anthropometric measurements, lab values and diagnoses help to individualize the clients’ medical needs including follow-up sessions to help achieve a healthy goal.
The Lifestyle Diet
The Lifestyle Diet has been designed by the Care Resource nutritional team to assist patients by offering proper nutritional guidelines and can assist you in determining which diet best suits your nutritional needs.
There are four lifestyle diets to choose from.
- The 3000-calorie diet is designed to promote a healthy weight gain
- The 2000-calorie diet is designed to maintain desirable weight
- The 1500 calorie diet is designed to lose those undesirable pounds
- The 1800-calorie Diabetic diet is designed to help control elevated glucose levels
- In addition, the Hearty Plan, is a heart healthy program used as a supplement to the above four diets, for people who have elevated cholesterol and triglycerides
Please contact your case manager to arrange for your nutritional consultation, a comprehensive assessment to include your medical status and dietary habits. Professional advice regarding nutritional supplements and food and drug interactions are provided.
The Care Resource nutritionist is part of the medical team and assists in providing the medical comprehensive care the client needs. Please contact 305.576.1234 Ext. 380 for information on how to obtain nutritional consultation.