Carlos A. Gimenez, Mayor of Miami Dade County, Chairman Jean Monestime and the Board of County Commissioners proclaimed February 23, 2015 as Care Resource Day and called upon residents in Miami-Dade County to join him in saluting the men and women who devote their time and effort to making Care Resource a success.
The proclamation stated:
- Whereas: Miami Dade County takes pride in the recognizing the efforts of an organization that has worked diligently in providing health and support services that address the full health care needs of both children and adults; and
- Whereas: For over 30 years, Care Resource has provided HIV/AIDS research, prevention, care, and treatment services to individuals in the Miami-Dade and Broward counties and has become South Florida’s oldest and largest HIV/AIDS service organization; and
- Whereas: Care Resource’s mission is to improve upon the health and overall quality of South Florida’s diverse communities, by recognizing the need for quality medical care; and
- Whereas: All of Care Resource’s four facilities, including Miami-Dade, Miami Beach, Little Havana and Fort Lauderdale have been designated as Federally Qualified Health Centers and are now providing comprehensive health and support services to address pediatrics, adolescents and adult full health care needs and;
- Whereas: Care Resource has expanded to further serve the health care needs for residents living in the areas of Little Havana, Shenandoah, Little Gables, North Coral Gables, Historic Coral Way and the City of Miami; and
- Whereas: Care Resource has taken their model of excellence and expanded it to include not only those with HIV, but all of South Florida’s diverse communities and have become a medical home for all those in need in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. Therefore, it is only fitting that this fine organization be praised for its life changing contributions to our residents.
As an FQHC, Care Resource is uniquely positioned and fully-equipped to respond to the health needs of all individuals. Through education, prevention, research, care, treatment and support services. Care Resource will continue to serve the South Florida community, as it has for more than 30 years.