Care Resource will work with you to try to resolve all complaints BEFORE they become grievances.
As a Care Resource client, you have the right to submit a complaint or grievance at any time, and have the right to expect a prompt response. Remember to file a grievance only when you have exhausted all other means of resolving your problem.
Follow the steps outlined below if you feel that you have been unfairly treated or if you feel the services you are receiving do not meet your standards.
1. Tell the staff member providing you services that you need an appointment to talk about the problem or concern you are having regarding Care Resource services. You may be asked to write down your problem or concern.
2. If you and the staff member providing services to you cannot agree on a solution, you may request a meeting with the supervisor of the unit-either by asking the staff member to set an appointment, or you may contact him/her directly to set an appointment. The supervisor will help you and the staff member resolve the problem.
3. If the supervisor cannot help you and the staff member work out a solution with which you are comfortable, you may present your complaint formally as a grievance and allow the supervisor to investigate the grievance and get feedback from the department manager. You should expect a response to your grievance within five business days, sooner if possible.
4. If you are not satisfied with the resolution of the grievance, you may pursue your grievance at the next level in the organization. In such cases, you may ask the supervisor to arrange an appointment with the department manager/director, or you may arrange the appointment yourself.
5. If Care Resource cannot resolve your grievance in a manner that you consider reasonable and fair, you have the right to bring your grievance to an external review body for a resolution:
Any abuse/neglect of a vulnerable person: 1800-96A-BUSE (1-800-962-2873)
In Dade County Contact:
a. For Ryan White Part A patients contact Miami-Dade County office of Grants Coordination: 305-375-4742
b. For Counseling Clients, further pursuit of a grievance beyond Care Resource depends upon which entity pays for your care or which entity governs the behavior or your therapist. Some of the most common payers include: Ryan White Part A Substance Abuse and Mental Health Miami-Dade County at 305 375-4742
c. For Substance Abuse Licensure complaints call the DCF regional office at 786-257-5178 or 305-377-5055
In Broward County Contact:
a. For Ryan White Part A funded patients contact Broward County Part A Grantee’s Office at 954-357-5390
b. For Counseling Clients, further pursuit of a grievance beyond Care Resource depends upon which entity pays for your care or which entity governs the behavior or your therapist. Some of the most common payers include: Ryan White Part A Substance Abuse and Mental Health at 954-357-5390
c. For Substance Abuse Licensure complaints call the DCF regional office at 954-476-4272