Care Resource is proud to present the 28th Annual AIDS Walk Miami on Sunday, April 24, 2016 at Soundscape Park located at 500 17th Street Miami Beach, Florida 33139
For this year’s walk, Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen has been chosen to serve as the Grand Marshal. Congresswoman Ros-Lehtinen represents Florida’s 27th Congressional District and is co-chair of the Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus.
According to Ros-Lehtinen, “We should be mindful of the risk of HIV/AIDS year round. It is estimated that out of the 1,200,000 people living with the disease in the United States, almost 200,000 are unaware that they have the disease. By knowing your status, you can take control and help put an end to what is still a national public health crisis, and I encourage everyone to get tested.”
Robbin Simmons, Emmy award-winning reporter and co-anchor of the weekend editions of 7 NEWS at 5, 6, & 10 with Jeff Lennox has been chosen again as the Master of Ceremonies. Robbin Simmons has covered several major stories, in and outside the Sunshine State.
According to Simmons, “I am proud to have been selected as Master of Ceremonies again for this year’s AIDS Walk Miami. HIV/AIDS can afflict anyone. Early detection and treatment can prolong lives for many. We can truly change the course of this epidemic when we’re all in it together.”
As new HIV infection rates in Miami-Dade and Broward still rank the highest in the nation, members of the South Florida community are stepping up to do what they can to reduce this epidemic.
- “We will walk again this year, in honor and memory of those we knew, loved, and lost to HIV. With the progress that continues to be made, we are hopeful that sometime in our life time, God willing, there will be a cure.” - Rick Siclari, CEO, Care Resource
- “We stand on the shoulders of the millions who have been lost to HIV & AIDS. It’s our responsibility as the next generation of LGBT leaders to give generously until the epidemic is over and we find a cure.” – Jaime Alejandro, Executive Director, OUT Miami Foundation
- “The fight against HIV/AIDS requires leadership. Miami Beach Gay Pride is proud to support AIDS Walk Miami. I encourage you to support community and an important cause.” – Dave Cook, Executive Director, Miami Beach Gay Pride
- “We’ve all seen the destruction and despair it has caused. AIDS Walk Miami is a sign of strength, compassion, and resolve that, even in the darkest of times, we will stand with our brothers and sisters to fight. Simply put, I am because we are.” - Austen Caraker, Attorney
- “We have all been affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic in one way or another. I have a great love for my community and passionately support AIDS Walk Miami. This is our fight, we will unite and we will conquer!” - Athena Dion, Promoter/Entertainer
- “I am attending AIDS Walk Miami because it is an important event that unites the entire community to come together to fight this epidemic.” – En Vee, Singer/Songwriter
- “Let’s all gather together for AIDS Walk Miami 2016 and continue the support!” – Jane, “Jei” Castro – VH1 Tough Love, Singer, White Party 2015 Performer
- “I walk in honor of my many friends who have succumbed to HIV/AIDS as well as in honor of those living with the condition today.” – Kristen Klein, Consultant
- “I am attending AIDS Walk Miami because I don’t want any of my friends to have to worry about HIV/AIDS!” – Caroline Hrtr – Student
- “We need to work together to those in our community affected by this condition and do our part to find a cure. HIV/AIDS is still a major problem.” - Laurence Moser, Marketing Consultant
The 28th Annual AIDS Walk Miami is a 5K (3.1 miles) walk-a-thon fundraiser benefiting Care Resource and the Food-for-Life-Network. All funds raised from AIDS Walk Miami are used in Miami-Dade and Broward to help our diverse communities in need. The Walk starts at Soundscape Park located at 500 17th Street Miami Beach, Florida 33139. Registration begins at 8:00am. The walk begins promptly at 9:00am. To register online, visit www.aidswalkmiami.org.
ABOUT CARE RESOURCE
Care Resource is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive primary medical and preventive care, including pediatric care, oral and mental health/substance abuse services to all individuals in our community. For more information please visit http://www.careresource.org.
MEDIA CONTACT: Jonathan Welsh, Marketing and Development Manager, 305-576-1234 EXT#249. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org